If anyone knows of a viable candidate, please share this with them. We need to fill the very important post of crossing guard at Cavendish and Kildare.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc is currently searching for a candidate for the position of Crossing Guard.
Reporting to the Director of Public Security, the crossing guard supervises people at intersections in order to prevent traffic accidents. He/she ensures the safety of individuals and informs them of safety regulations.
DETAILS OF POSITION
- Stop traffic at intersections by way of portable stop sign, when the situation arises.
- Invite people to look both ways before crossing the street.
- Accompany individuals crossing the street, from one side to the other.
- Show individual how to cross the street in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Explain to individuals the meaning of certain traffic signs in the area.
- At all times, crossing guard must respect all road signs and invite people to do the same.
- Give to local police district office and/or local Public Security department, a description of any noticeable loitering individuals.
- Advise immediately 9-1-1 when a person is hurt and take care of him/her until patrol officers or ambulance arrives.
- Carry out any other related duties as requested by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma – Secondary V.
Candidates with security background will be preferred.
Other: Bilingualism, ability to work under stressful conditions, available for night work, including weekends, well spoken, diplomatic, a valid driver’s licence is preferred.
Monday to Friday : 7 AM to 9 AM and 2 PM to 4 PM (4 hours per day = 20 hours per week)
To apply in confidence, please forward a copy of your résumé, along with a covering letter to:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (514) 485-8926
By Mail: City of Côte Saint-Luc, Human Resources Department,
5801 Cavendish Blvd., Côte Saint-Luc, Québec H4W 3C3
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.